To lose belly fat and get a flat stomach there are some simple exercises you do can without the gym. You have a goal to lose those love handles but starting a membership may be inconvenient for you. I will share some great exercises you can do at home to reduce belly fat and get a flatter midsection this Summer.
- Bend at the knees then put your hands on the ground
- Kick your feet behind you so that you end up in a straight arm plank
- Pull your feet back toward your chest, quickly stand up reaching your hands toward the ceiling and clap
- Lower yourself back into the starting position and repeat. Do 3 sets of 15 reps each.
Burpees help get your blood flowing and your heart pumping immediately. Burpees also give you a full body workout including your arms, chest abs and glutes.
Bicycle Crunches to Lose Belly Fat
- Lie down on your back so that your shins are parallel to the ground
- Raise your chest up and lift your shoulders off the mat
- Keep your hands behind your head with your elbows out
- Move your bent leg right towards your chest and simultaneously straight toward your left leg so that it is parallel to the floor
- While doing that, move your left shoulder toward your right knee. Do 3 sets of the 10-20 reps.
This exercise works the side of your stomach and hips where those love handles are.
- Sit down on the mat with your legs together and your knees slightly bent
- Lean your upper body back and hold your legs off the ground
- Bend your arms over your chest or hold them out in front of you
- Slowly twist your torso and arms to the left side, hold for 3 seconds the turn to initial position
- Repeat movement on the other side. Do 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
If you use a medicine ball or a dumbbell for weight, you will burn more calories and lose weight faster.
- Lie down on the ground, lift your legs in the air and bend your knees at a 90-degree angle
- Keep your abdominal muscles tight and place your hands on the floor right next to your hips.
- Engage your lower abs to pull your knees towards your chest
- Raise up your hips so that your lower back and buttocks come about 2 inches off the ground
- Pause for about two seconds and slowly lower yourself back to the starting position
- Do 3 sets of 10-15 reps
This ab exercise works the front abdominals but especially the lower abs.
If you really want to lose belly fat and get a flat stomach do these exercises about 4 to 5 times a week. Combine these ab workouts with aerobic exercises such and swimming or jogging to really burn calories and jumpstart the fat-burning process.
B.S. Criminal Justice